The comment period for this opportunity has closed. See our Take Action Page for more opportunities!
Over the course of the last year this Administration has made many attacks against public lands in Washington State and across the nation. Senator Maria Cantwell has stood in vigorous defense of our public lands and in the last year alone has fought against numerous threats:
- Is fighting to get permanent funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, one of our nation’s best tools to protect public lands
- Opposed massive entry fee increases to our National Parks, holding a rally in Seattle and making Washington’s position known in the Senate Natural Resources Committee
- Fought for the preservation of our nation’s national monuments and helped save our own Hanford Reach from reduction.
- Condemned offshore oil drilling in Washington State
- Supported roadless areas and helped see the removal of a harmful legislative rider on the 2018 spending bill that would have would have eliminated protection for roadless areas in Alaska and opened the discussion for new road building in other areas across the nation.