Come help us keep Washington wild and green for future generations by joining the WA Wild Board of Directors! Since our founding in 1979, Washington Wild has been integral in the protection of nearly 3 million acres of Wilderness throughout the state. Washington Wild is a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) charitable organization committed to engaging with diverse communities and building an inclusive coalition of conservation allies to protect wild lands, waters, and wildlife, and achieve environmental justice for all in Washington. Join us to be a part of Washington’s wilderness legacy!
The Board provides general strategic vision and high-level management of the organization and is critical to helping Washington Wild continue our mission!
Board Member Responsibilities
- Be committed to protecting wild lands and waters throughout Washington State
- Attend 6 regular board meetings annually including a board retreat
- Participate in various organizational events including both fundraising and outreach activities
- Assist staff in donor cultivation
- Support the organization financially at a meaningful level
- Connect your contacts to Washington Wild and our state’s Wilderness Legacy
- Participate in Board Committees as applicable (committees may include Conservation, Auction, Finance, and Fundraising)
Our primary objective is recruiting individuals with fresh ideas, strong leadership abilities, and a commitment to ensuring the organization is able to continue to keep Washington wild and green for generations to come. We are particularly interested in individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Prior experience working with or serving on a nonprofit board preferred
- Accounting or financial management
- Fundraising experience
- Technology skills
- Organizational or board development and governance
- Senior management experience
If you are interested or have questions, please email Tom Uniack or call (206) 633-1992.