- This event has passed.
Summer Photo Contest
June 1, 2016 @ 8:00 am - August 5, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Love to get out in the wild? Are you planning any trips this summer for hiking, backpacking, climbing, rafting, or any other fun outdoor activity? We want to see where you go!
Washington Wild’s Summer Photo Contest will be accepting entries from NOW until August 5th, 2016. Simply take your camera on trips into Washington’s wonderful wild places (see details below) and snap some photos of landscapes, flora & fauna, recreation, people out in the wild, or whatever captures your eye. Then, send us your best shots!
Photos must be taken on federal lands within Washington State, both protected and unprotected, including the following (for a detailed map of these places, click here):
- Any of Washington’s National Forests
- Designated Wilderness areas
- Inventoried Roadless areas
- Any of Washington’s National Parks
- Any wild rivers, streams or lakes on federal land
- Any areas within pending proposed wilderness including the Alpine Lakes Additions and the Wild Olympics proposals
The photos that you send in will be entered into a photo contest and the TOP 3 PHOTOS will win a cash prize from Washington Wild!
First Prize = $100
Second Prize = $50
Third Prize = $25
These TOP 3 PHOTOS will also be printed in large format, matted, framed, and displayed during our annual dinner and auction this fall! Those top 3 photos will then be auctioned off at our annual dinner in the fall, with the proceeds going to support Washington Wild’s efforts to protect wild lands and waters in our state.
In addition, all winners and runner-ups will receive a one-year membership with Washington Wild! This includes regular updates in our e-newsletter, special invitations to our events, and a subscription to our print newsletter.
- All participants must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Please email your photo entries directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to send the images through a shared dropbox folder. If you need a link to be sent to you please email email@example.com.
- Please submit the following with your photo:
- Be sure to include the location of your photo! We don’t need GPS coordinates, but tell us where you took the photo, including which wild area, and what the subject of the photo is (a specific mountain, river, roadless area, or trail).
- Please submit your photo in one of the following photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
- Please submit the highest quality (largest size) version of your photo – if your photo is too large to email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-633-1992 for a dropbox link to be sent to you.
- The deadline for this photo contest is Friday, August 5th, 2016 @ 5:00pm.
- The Washington Wild staff will make their decisions on the top 3 photos shortly thereafter. The winners will be notified via phone and email, and will also be announced on our web site, our blog, and our Facebook page.
Photographers will retain all rights to any photographs submitted. All entrants grant Washington Wild the rights (as described below) to use your photograph(s), whether or not your photograph wins the photo contest.
By submitting a photograph in Washington Wild s photo contest, you grant Washington Wild a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
• Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
• Use the photograph in Washington Wild’s communications, including Washington Wild-related news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, blogs, displays, web pages, and the like.
• Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, Washington Wild shall credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.
Thank you for your interest in helping us capture the beauty of Washington’s wild places! If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact email@example.com or 206-633-1992.