- This event has passed.
2018 Washington Wild Photo Contest!
June 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - August 15, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Love to get out in the wild?
Are you planning any trips this summer for hiking, backpacking, climbing, or any other fun outdoor activity? We want to see where you go!
Washington Wild’s Summer Photo Contest will be held now until August 15th, 2018. Simply take your camera on trips into Washington’s wonderful wild places (see details below) and snap some photos of landscapes, flora & fauna, recreation, people out in the wild, or whatever captures your eye. Then, send your best shots to email@example.com!
The top 3 photos will win a signed Art Wolfe Photography book! The winning photographs will also be printed in large format, matted, framed, and displayed during our fall event, WILD NIGHT OUT. First place will be printed by The Color Group and framed by Annie’s Art and Frame, and second and third place will be printed on canvas by Stretch and Staple. They will be auctioned off at the event, with the proceeds supporting Washington Wild’s efforts to protect wild lands and waters in our state. The prizes are as follows:
- 1st Place: Signed Art Wolfe Photography book and 2 tickets to Wild Night Out!
- 2nd Place: Signed Art Wolfe Photography book and 2 tickets to the Beers Made by Walking Tapping
- 3rd Place: Signed Art Wolfe Photography book
Photos must be taken on federal lands within Washington State, both protected and unprotected, including the following:
- Any of Washington’s National Forests
- Designated Wilderness areas
- Any of Washington’s National Parks
- Inventoried Roadless areas
- Any wild rivers, streams or lakes on federal land
- Any areas within pending proposed wilderness including the Wild Olympics Campaign
- All participants must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Please email your photo entries directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, please zip file the images if they are too large to send. If you’d prefer to send via dropbox, please email Jordan French at email@example.com.
- Please submit the following with your photo entries:
- Be sure to include the location of your photo and description for each photo.
- Please submit your photo in one of the following photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
- Please submit the highest quality version of your photo – 300 DPI is needed to print 1st prize, 75 DPI for 2nd and 3rd prize— if your photo is too large to email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-633-1992 for a dropbox link (or try putting it in a zip file).
- The deadline for this photo contest is Monday, August 15th at 5:00pm.