- This event has passed.
2017 Washington Wild Photo Contest!
June 7 @ 8:00 am - August 7 @ 5:00 pm
Love to get out in the wild?
Are you planning any trips this summer for hiking, backpacking, climbing, or any other fun outdoor activity? We want to see where you go!
Washington Wild’s Summer Photo Contest will be held now until August 7th, 2017. Simply take your camera on trips into Washington’s wonderful wild places (see details below) and snap some photos of landscapes, flora & fauna, recreation, people out in the wild, or whatever captures your eye. Then, send your best shots to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The top 3 photos will win a cash prize from Washington Wild! The winning photographs will also be printed in large format, matted, framed, and displayed during our fall event, WILD NIGHT OUT. They will be auctioned off at the event, with the proceeds supporting Washington Wild’s efforts to protect wild lands and waters in our state. Additionally, all photographers who enter will be invited to be part of an art show in October to showcase their photography at Stretch and Staple!
- First Prize = $100
- Second Prize = $50
- Third Prize = $25
Photos must be taken on federal lands within Washington State, both protected and unprotected, including the following:
- Any of Washington’s National Forests
- Designated Wilderness areas
- Any of Washington’s National Parks
- Inventoried Roadless areas
- Any wild rivers, streams or lakes on federal land
- Any areas within pending proposed wilderness including the Wild Olympics Campaign
- All participants must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Please email your photo entries directly to email@example.com, please zip file the images if they are too large to send (email us if you’d prefer to send via dropbox).
- Please submit the following with your photo entries:
- Be sure to include the location of your photo and description for each photo.
- Please submit your photo in one of the following photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
- Please submit the highest quality version of your photo – if your photo is too large to email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-633-1992 for a dropbox link (or try putting it in a zip file).
- The deadline for this photo contest is Monday, August 7th at 5:00pm.
- The Washington Wild staff will make their decisions on the top 3 photos shortly thereafter. The winners will be notified via phone and email, and will also be announced on our web site, our blog, and social pages.