Come help us keep Washington wild and green for future generations by joining the WA Wild Board of Directors! Since our founding in 1979 Washington has been integral in the protection of nearly 3 million acres of Wilderness throughout the state. Most recently that includes the passage of the Wild Sky Wilderness in 2008 and the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Additions in 2014. Washington Wild is a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) charitable organization that works with diverse conservation allies to protect Wilderness areas, Wild & Scenic Rivers, and endangered wildlife in Washington. Come be a part of Washington’s Wilderness Legacy!
The Board provides general strategic vision and high-level management of the organization and is critical to helping Washington Wild continue our top notch conservation mission!
Board Member Responsibilities
- Be committed to protecting wild lands and waters throughout Washington State
- Attend 6 regular board meetings annually including a board retreat
- Participate in various organizational events including both fundraising and outreach activities
- Assist staff in donor cultivation
- Support the organization financially at a meaningful level
- Connect your contacts to Washington Wild and our state’s Wilderness Legacy
- Participate in Board Committees as applicable (committees may include Conservation, Auction, Finance, and Fundraising)
Our primary objective is recruiting individuals with fresh ideas, strong leadership abilities, and a commitment to ensuring the organization is able to continue to keep Washington wild and green for generations to come. We are particularly interested in individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Have prior experience working with or serving on a nonprofit board preferred
- Accounting or financial management
- Fundraising experience
- Technology skills and knowledge
- Organizational or board development and governance
- Senior management experience
If you are interested or have questions, please email us at or call at (206) 633-1992.