Become a Wilderness Advocate by volunteering for Washington Wild and help preserve Washington’s Wilderness Legacy! Since our founding in 1979 we have been instrumental in the protection of nearly 3 million acres of Wilderness – and volunteers have been and continue to be a huge part of our success. Each year volunteers provide critical support to build Washington Wild’s capacity, offer technical skill sets, and expand our reach in protecting a wild and green Washington for generations to come. There are plenty of ways for you to help – just reach out to our staff.
Specific Volunteer Opportunities:
- Brewshed® Ambassador: Volunteer at Brewshed events as a representative of Washington Wild to educate the public on the Brewshed Connection, our conservation work, and our mission.
- Photography: We are always looking for talented photographers to photograph both our events as well as take beautiful pictures of all the places we have worked so hard to protect! We also have an annual Summer Photo Contest, so check our events page if the time is right.
- Join the Board of Directors: Help Washington Wild continue our Wilderness Legacy by joining the Board of Directors!
- Major Events: Washington Wild puts on several major events each year including our annual auction and a beer festival and our volunteers help make it happen!
- Graphic Designers: We are always looking for graphic designers to help design various publications including event promotional materials, organizational brochures, and more!
- Technical Assistance: Washington Wild is always looking for volunteers with technical expertise including, but not limited to WordPress, databases, hardware, and troubleshooting.
- Blogging: Washington Wild is always looking for volunteer bloggers to help generate content related to exploring, valuing, and protecting Wilderness.
- Data Entry: Washington Wild has regular data entry projects and other office assignments that help support our staff to magnify their conservation related work.
- Grant Research: Washington Wild is always looking for new grants to apply for to help fund our conservation work.
- Videography: We are always looking for ways to create audio-visual material to help showcase our conservation work to create more Wilderness Advocates.