Your support is needed NOW, more than ever, to defend Washington’s public lands.
This past year has been deeply disappointing for many; especially for Americans who value the environment – and our cherished public lands.
A historically anti-environmental Congress and the Trump Administration threaten our national parks, forests, and wildlife refuges. The latest attack happened on November 1st when a lawless logging bill (H.R. 2936) passed the House of Representatives on a party-line vote. It is now headed to the Senate.
Washington Wild brings local experience in fighting these attacks. We have defended protections for roadless forests and public lands before and are prepared to do it again. In times like these, our job is to activate and mobilize. Over the past several months we have generated more than 2,000 letters from individuals who wrote their elected officials to defend our public lands.
Public comments make a difference. Earlier this year, President Trump targeted 27 national monuments to be rescinded or downsized, including our very own Hanford Reach. Public outcry from Washingtonians led to a removal of Hanford Reach from the list. Even with this victory, we expect as many as ten national monuments throughout the country to be reduced in size or revoked of their protections.
Stand with us in the fight to defend our public lands by making a donation to help us reach our end of year goal of 500 supporters and $75,000. Together, we can ensure our wild places are protected for generations to come.
Want to make your voice heard? Here are 5 ways for you to get involved and stand up as a proud #WildernessAdvocate!
- Make a donation – A significant amount of our funding comes from supporters like you.
- Volunteer – We are always looking for bloggers, photos, and volunteers for our events.
- Become a #WildernessAdvocate on Social Media – Like, share, post pictures about why you support Washington Wild on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- Attend an Event – We have several events coming up this November and December, have a beer and make a difference.
- Take Action – Make your voice heard and stand up for wild places.
Thank you for joining us in this critical time to defend Washington’s wild lands and waters. Follow us on our social media to keep up with our campaign progress.