Volunteer Job Description
Brewshed® Ambassadors help during Brewshed outreach events to help educate and engage the public on conservation issues, including the Brewshed Connection. The time commitment of this position is flexible; however, candidates will be asked to commit to attending at least 4 events a year after attending the two hour training. Brewshed events are usually held twice a month throughout Washington State, with one usually based in Seattle. Events include informal happy hours, pub crawls, and beer festivals.
- Be a knowledgeable representative of both Washington Wild and the Washington Brewshed Alliance.
- Educate the public about the Brewshed Connection, Washington Wild’s mission and ongoing campaigns, Brewshed Partners, and other information during Brewshed events.
- Answer questions from the public or direct them to other informational resources.
- Attend evening (usually weekday) Brewshed events for the entire duration.
- Actively engage the public in learning more about the Brewshed Connection and offer opportunities to get involved with Washington Wild.
- Attend a 2 hour training session and additional trainings as necessary.
- Table at beer festivals to educate attendees on the Brewshed Alliance.
- Must be of 21 years of age or over with a valid ID
- Outgoing personality
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Comfortable approaching others to discuss an organizational message and mission
- Evening availability during the week
- Ability to remain on your feet for 4-6 hours at a time
- Willingness to attend at least 4 Brewshed or related events per year
- Beer knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with Washington geography preferred
- Willingness to travel throughout the Seattle area, (we also greatly value volunteers in or willing to travel to Tacoma, Bellingham, Olympia, Leavenworth, and other partner locations outside the Seattle area).
To become a Brewshed Ambassador, e-mail Washington Wild at email@example.com