Volunteer Job Description
Brewshed® Ambassadors help during Brewshed outreach events to help educate and engage the public in conservation content, including the Brewshed Connection. The time commitment of this position is flexible; however, candidates will be asked to commit to attending at least 4 events after attending two hour training. Brewshed events are held on average twice a month throughout Washington State with one usually within Seattle. Events structures include informal happy hours, pub crawls, and beer festivals and volunteers make it all happen!
- Be a knowledgeable representative of both Washington Wild and the Washington Brewshed Alliance
- After training be a source of information regarding the Brewshed connection science, Washington Wild conservation mission and initiatives, Brewshed Partners, and other connected information during events
- Understand individual Brewshed event and partner structure and be able to appropriately explain to event attendees
- Intelligently and thoroughly answer questions of event patrons or direct them to other information resources to provide answers
- Attend evening, usually weekday, Brewshed or related events for the entire duration
- Actively engage patrons in learning more about the Brewshed connection and offer opportunities to get involved including donating, signing up for the email list, or volunteering.
- Attend 2 hour training session and additional training as necessary
- Maintain composure and appropriate demeanor throughout events
- Tabling at beer festivals to educate beer drinkers on the Brewshed Alliance
- Must be of 21 years of age or over with a valid ID
- Outgoing personality
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Comfortable approaching others to discuss an organizational message and mission
- Ability to remember and provide information to others
- Evening availability during the week
- Ability to remain on your feet and engaged with others for 4-6 hours at a time
- Willingness to attend at least 4 Brewshed or related events after training
- Beer knowledge and understanding preferred
- Familiarity with Washington geography preferred
- Willingness to travel throughout the Seattle area, but we also greatly value volunteers in or willing to travel to Tacoma, Bellingham, Olympia, Leavenworth, and other partner locations outside the Seattle area.
To become a Brewshed Ambassador e-mail Washington Wild staff.