- This event has passed.
Washington Wild 2019 Photo Contest
June 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 16, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Love to get out in the wild?
Are you planning any trips this summer for hiking, backpacking, climbing, or any other fun outdoor activity? We want to see where you go!
Washington Wild’s Summer Photo Contest will be held now until August 16th, 2019. Simply take your camera on trips into Washington’s wonderful wild places (see details below) and snap some photos of landscapes, flora & fauna, recreation, people out in the wild, or whatever captures your eye. Then, send your best shots to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Our winner (voted on by staff) will be featured as the cover of our 2019 Fall Newsletter that gets sent to all Washington Wild members. Additionally, the winner and two honorable mentions will receive 2 tickets to our Beers Made by Walking Tapping (held on September 7th at Rooftop Brewing) and recognition in a blog post.
Photos must be taken on federal lands within Washington State, both protected and unprotected, including the following:
- Any of Washington’s National Forests
- Designated Wilderness areas
- Any of Washington’s National Parks
- Inventoried Roadless areas
- Any wild rivers, streams or lakes on federal land
- Any areas within pending proposed wilderness including the Wild Olympics Campaign
- All participants must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Please email your photo entries directly to email@example.com, please zip file the images if they are too large to send. If you’d prefer to send via dropbox, please email Jordan French at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit the following with your photo entries:
- First/Last name of photographer
- Location of your photo and description for each photo.
- Please submit your photo in one of the following photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
- Please submit the highest quality version of your photo — if your photo is too large to email, contact email@example.com or 206-633-1992 for a dropbox link (or try putting it in a zip file).
- There is no limit to number of entries per person
- The deadline for this photo contest is Friday, August 16th at 5:00pm.
LEGAL RULES: Photographers will retain all rights to any photographs submitted. All entrants grant Washington Wild the rights (as described below) to use your photograph(s), whether or not your photograph wins the photo contest. By submitting a photograph in Washington Wild’s photo contest, you grant Washington Wild a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to use the photograph in Washington Wild’s communications (includes WA Wild-related news stories, newsletters, slide shows, displays, web pages, etc.) and to keep the files provided, and to electronically archive the images so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, Washington Wild shall credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available. Thank you for your interest in helping us capture the beauty of Washington’s wild places! If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-633-1992.