Join supporters across the country in telling the Biden administration that it’s time to take action to stop salmon extinction. Submit a public comment in just a few minutes to urge federal action to recover Columbia River salmon and other native fish— before it’s too late.
On May 4th, the Biden administration launched a public comment period to gather feedback on Columbia River salmon and other native fish restoration.
Join supporters from across the country to tell the Biden administration loud and clear that breaching the four lower Snake River dams—and replacing the services they provide—must be a part of a comprehensive solution that brings endangered salmon, steelhead, and orca back to abundance and upholds the federal government’s legally-binding commitments to Northwest Tribal Nations.
The science is clear: a recent NOAA report concluded that breaching the lower Snake River dams is “essential” and must be a “centerpiece action” to recover endangered Columbia River Salmon and steelhead.
The Biden administration must use the best available science and build off of the strong foundation laid by Senator Patty Murray (WA-D), Washington Governor Jay Inslee, Representative Mike Simpson (ID-R), and others to develop a comprehensive plan for salmon recovery—before it’s too late.
Help us show the Biden Administration the overwhelming support for salmon recovery by reaching our goal of submitting 10,000 public comments by taking action before the comment period ends on July 3rd!
Adding your voice to the official federal registry is easy:
Click the ‘Take Action’ button below.
Write your comment in the box that says ‘Start typing comment here…’
*Not sure what to say? Use the ‘Comment Template’ provided below as a starting place, or simply copy and paste it directly into the form!
Identify who you are commenting as (you will most likely select ‘An Individual’, but you can also choose to comment anonymously) and provide any personal / contact information as required.
Click submit to make your comment official!
(Use as a starting point or simply copy and past into the Regulations.gov form the ‘Take Action’ button below will redirect you to)
Thank you for the opportunity to submit a comment on the state of Columbia River salmon and other native fish. The science is clear: climate change, compounded by the impacts of the dams, is accelerating the risk of extinction by raising river temperatures well above lethal levels, killing endangered salmon and steelhead, and leaving orcas without food.
The Biden administration must build off of the strong foundation laid by Senator Patty Murray (WA-D), Washington Governor Jay Inslee, Representative Mike Simpson (ID-R), and others. We urgently call for a comprehensive plan and process for Columbia Basin salmon recovery that:
- Acknowledges the urgent need to recover abundant and healthy salmon populations as stated by the Columbia Basin Partnership and NOAA’s Rebuilding Report and commits to an expedited timeline.
- Clearly outlines a path that can lead to breaching the lower Snake River dams, provide fish passage into blocked areas, reintroduce salmon in the upper Columbia River, and fund habitat restoration work throughout the Columbia River Basin.
- Commits to immediate actions to replace the services the dams currently provide with salmon-friendly options (energy, transportation, irrigation).
- Commits to producing by Fall 2024 a supplemental EIS, BiOp, and record of decision to meet the Biden Administration’s commitments and restore healthy, abundant salmon.
- Upholds the federal government’s legally-binding commitments to Northwest Tribal Nations and honors the promises made to them in treaties, trusts, and other responsibilities.
We must act quickly and decisively before Northwest salmon and steelhead are lost forever.
Help us show the Biden Administration the overwhelming support for salmon recovery—join the national day of action and submit your comment today!